Senior Software Engineer - Backend (AdTech)
“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
While there may be no such thing as a perfect world, we are working towards making it a safer place to drive by building products that support the evolution of transportation. Our mission is to “make roads safer using data and analytics”. We've measured and analyzed 185-billion miles of driving data and are using it to better predict risk, reduce collisions, and save lives and money. We are writing code that processes terabytes of data in real-time collected through smartphone applications that speak to millions of vehicles. Imagine the best-in-class infrastructure that makes it possible to analyze and monetize this data.
About the role:
- Zendrive’s IQL team is building an ad tech platform which helps advertisers serve ads to low risk drivers based on the user’s driving behavior. Major responsibilities for the role includes:
- Lead team to build the foundational pieces of the Ads platform.
- Drive the next generation of AdTech suite of products and platform by designing, coding, building and deploying highly scalable cloud based intelligent solutions
- Use your engineering experience and technical skills to materially affect how ads are served every day at huge scale and watch it impact the company’s revenue
- Build solutions that make impact at a global scale and meet the needs of millions of customers
- Lead and mentor the team about concurrency, parallelization and the nuances of working with TBs of data to deliver highly scalable applications in a distributed environment
- Propose and promote strategic tech investments taking care of business goals, customer requirements, and industry standards
- Lead the team to solve complex, unknown and ambiguous problems, and customer issues cutting across team and module boundaries with technical expertise
- Review and advice on design/code of team members
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Partner with other leaders to nurture innovation and engineering excellence in the organization
- Drive priorities with other engineers, engineering managers and product managers to facilitate timely accomplishments of business objectives
- Proactively suggest learning opportunities about new technology and skills, and be a role model for constant learning and growth
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems and their use in developing scalable systems
- 8+ years of experience in developing complex and scalable distributed systems and delivering, deploying, and managing microservices successfully
- Expert in solving complex, unknown and ambiguous problems spanning across teams and delivering them with high quality
- Ability to anticipate and propose plan/design changes based on changing requirements
- Passion for quality, zero downtime upgrades, availability, resiliency, and uptime of the platform
- Hands-on experience of working projects on cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Hands on experience with build and CI/CD tools
- Excellent communication skills and affinity for collaboration and teamwork
Nice to have:
- Experience in internationalization/localization.
- Knowledge of web application security.
- Tools,& Process: Familiarity with Git, Agile development practices.
What we offer :
- Competitive salary, performance bonus and esops
- Work from a location of your choice until it's safe to work in a physical office environment.
- Generous health insurance and spending allowances
- Discover both vertical and lateral growth opportunities for you career
- Build products that create impact on society by saving lives.
- Recognition and appreciation for your hard work in a regular awards culture.
- Learn with the best: we have a team of world class, industry leading engineers and data scientists
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving the future of mobility safety