Embedded Software Engineer
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
- As a member of our Device Engineering team, you will be responsible for development of Java and Native (C++) Platform and Applications for Android as well as Linux Applications for the Nauto device platforms.
- You will be interacting with product managers to scope platform features, advise them on feasibility, provide estimations.
- You will be working with hardware engineers to create firmware and software for the hardware being designed with hardware and deliver functionality for the platform.
- You will own the delivery of your code from end-to-end, automating continuous integration and delivery.
- You are self motivated and driven with solid programming as well as Architecture and Design skills for delivering applications for embedded platforms
- You have strong Android Platform and Application experience.
- 7+ years, or equivalent excelling in software engineering roles with track record of successful delivery of production quality software for embedded and user facing mobile applications
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant technical field required, MS a plus
- Strong experience in working with Android HAL
- Strong experience in working with Android NDK for native applications
- GPS and IMU sensor bring up and calibration experience is a big plus
- Android Java application experience is a plus
- Linux application experience is a plus
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Beautiful modern workspace. Many perks including a cafe with meals, snacks, and drinks provided.
- Exceptional health benefits coverage.
- Opportunities to get to know your team better through frequent employee events and gatherings.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering to Support & Operations.
Come revolutionize transportation safety and do your best work here at Nauto!
Nauto is committed to being a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re a growing team of engineering, product, sales and operations experts working together to make driving safer and smarter