Systems Engineer, Autonomy Hardware, Long Range Sensors
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Team
The Autonomy Hardware team within the Systems and Safety organization supports the components and systems it takes to make our Nuro robots move autonomously. This includes requirement definition, architecture refinement, verification of function, and validation of performance, as well as addressing safety and reliability concerns that arise when we have an autonomous robot operating on public roads. Systems engineers work at the intersection of hardware and software, with a deep expertise in both.
About the Role
As a Systems Engineer supporting Autonomy Hardware, you will work closely with the teams designing and building our next generation of technology to enable self-driving of our on-road bot. You will be hands-on with the development of hardware, firmware, and software; ensuring that the systems being built meet performance and safety requirements you define.
About Your Work
- Develop, document and communicate requirements for long range sensor performance
- Own the verification and validation of long range sensors, with accompanying test execution and data analysis
- Work closely with hardware and software teams to evaluate system performance
- Support integration and development efforts for long range sensor systems
- Be the point of contact to explain how long range sensor performance enables autonomy functionality
- Degree candidate in Robotics, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in developing sensor systems for moving platforms.
- Deep knowledge of at least 1 sensor area:
- Visual cameras
- Thermal cameras
- Experience with software development and how it maps to hardware engineering.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with how to use the system engineering process effectively in a fast-moving company.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable working on a vehicle as you are at an engineering workstation.
- Highly collaborative in nature, comfortable with a large number of stakeholders and an exceptional communicator.
- Experience at a startup company
- Experience with AV Sensors and Drive system sensors
- Experience with simulating systems ( Vehicle dynamics, Actuators, Power electronics)
- Experience with various communication protocols used in systems for embedded, robotics, automotive or similar industries (Ethernet, CAN, BroadR-Reach, etc)
- Experience writing or generating software for vehicle development, diagnostic, and/or testing purposes
- Understanding of vehicle safety principles and experience with ISO 26262
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to better everyday life through robotics.