Systems Verification Engineer, Autonomy
Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About The Team
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the requirements, architecture, and validation of autonomous driving capabilities across engineering disciplines. This includes ensuring that safety constraints are met, which the Systems Engineering team accomplishes via requirement definition and system validation. Systems Engineering works at the intersection of hardware and software with deep expertise in both.
About The Role
As a Systems Verification Engineer - Autonomy you will work closely with the autonomy software teams to define and verify autonomy performance. You’ll be responsible for authoring requirements and designing automated tests for a wide range of maneuvers and functions. Your test results will drive day-to-day software development, engineering roadmap, and gate software release. We set the bar high, your verification work will let us prove that.
About Your Work
- Develop, document, and communicate requirements for various autonomy functions.
- Work closely with the rest of the systems team to develop test methodologies, test plans, and measure coverage.
- Write Python software to verify autonomy in simulation, closed course, and on-road.
- Work closely with autonomy software developers to communicate test results, analyze failure modes and improve processes.
- Influence autonomy architecture to ensure robustness and testability.
- Degree candidate in Robotics, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing requirements and/or tests for complex systems.
- Experience working at a company with strong software engineering practices.
- Strong Python programming and algorithmic problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with analyzing and visualizing large datasets.
- Highly collaborative in nature and comfortable working with a large number of stakeholders.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to better everyday life through robotics.