Senior Software Engineer
Alto is an early-stage, high-growth, consumer company on a mission to redefine personal mobility. With a differentiated approach to the rideshare market, Alto is offering a safer, more premium experience to passengers and a sustainable living wage to drivers. Featured in CNN, LATimes, Dallas Business Journal, and more, Alto has established itself as a disruptive leader within the transportation category.
Alto currently operates in Dallas, Houston, Miami and Los Angeles.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing back-end applications built on top of Cloud technologies for best-in-class Cloud Native applications. This includes producing technical design artifacts, developing and testing application, service, and component code, supporting the testing, change and release, and production operation of the code in partnership with the other development teams. Responsible for ensuring alignment to the enterprise architecture standards, industry standards, and best practices when designing or changing applications.
- Develop native mobile applications, web portals, and integration services using modern technology platforms and frameworks, specifically NodeJS, Kubernetes, Istio, Google Cloud Platform, Serverless Functions, and Typescript
- Participate in design, development and deployment transition of APIs and/or microservices to integrate across multiple new and existing mobile and web applications
- Provide input and guidance on architecture, design patterns, platform, and tools evaluation, selection, and implementation
- Provide technical leadership and collaborate with other team members across engineering, DevOps, product, customer support, operations, and others
Background & Experience
- 4+ years experience building enterprise-class mobile and web applications
- Experience building well-tested applications
- Experience with APIs and microservice patterns using Kubernetes
- Experience with modern relational and non-relational database platforms
- Experience with Git (and Git-Flow patterns)
- Excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and self-motivated
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Experience with Firebase, Firestore, and Istio are a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.