Senior Software Engineer - Web applications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light/medium-duty trucks for business-to-business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a highly experienced team of engineers and researchers, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for short-haul logistics.
One of Gatik's key focus areas is the Gatik Fleet - Telematics, which focuses on providing 24x7 access to real-time vehicle and trip-related data to our internal and external customers. We are looking for senior full-stack software developers for building stellar web applications to enable smart fleet connectivity and fleet management. Candidates who would like to join a fast-paced, execution-oriented team please reach out.
- Design, develop and deploy web based applications and automation solutions using Python as Backend and React.js as front end
- Code, test, debug, documents, and implement web applications. Also, mentor and guide fellow team members
- Ensure compatibility of applications across multiple platforms and browsers
- Work directly with cross-functional teams and customers to assess immediate and long requirements
- Build reusable codes and custom libraries. Champion continuous improvement processes
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Bachelor’s in CS or related field
- 4+ years of software development experience, with at least 2 years of production facing Python and React.js
- Experience designing and building frontend and backend systems from scratch
- Experience working with UI/UX designers and product managers in developing front-end applications
- In-depth knowledge of NoSQL preferably MongoDB
- Familiarity with AWS/Azure cloud
- Experience using REST APIs and GitHub
- Strong cross-team communication skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
Nice to have
- Masters in CS or related field
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and system monitoring tools
- Experience working in logistics/fleet management/telematics software
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team-building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile