Staff Electrical Engineer - Automotive Electronics
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business-to-business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet the unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
We are seeking skilled and highly motivated individuals to join our hardware team to help support the development of autonomous vehicles. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Guide triage and troubleshooting procedures
- Document, verify, and validate the CANbus Architecture and implementation for the Drive-By-Wire Systems
- Verify and document existing electrical architecture
- Design, define and document new electrical architectures
- Design harnesses for low-volume manufacturing including creating wiring harness drawings suitable for outsourced manufacturing
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical and electronic issues on our fleet of autonomous delivery vehicles
- Work with other disciplines to develop FMEA and Safety Analyses
- Mentor others and support a growing multidisciplinary team
- A tertiary qualification in electrical/electronic/mechatronics engineering
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in leading and growing a team
- Experience in managing people and projects successfully
- Experience in designing and documenting automotive wiring and harnesses including component selection and requirements definition
- Experience in eCAD for schematics and wiring harness drawing generation
- Experience in CANbus design and analysis
- Hands-on skills for troubleshooting and repairing harnesses
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Project Management skills
- Experience managing partner and vendor relationships
- An understanding of relevant safety standards and automotive standards such as ISO 26262, ISO/PAS 21448 etc.
- Experience with MatLab, Python, or a similar engineering data processing toolkit.
- Experience in test and validation using SiL/HiL/ViL techniques
- Experience with CAN data logging and Calibration tools such as RaptorCal, CANoe, CANape, CANking etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.