Senior Software Engineer, Motion Planning and Decision Making
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business-to-business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet the unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates to assist in build motion planning and decision-making systems and help mature new products all the way through to production. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Build and improve algorithms throughout the motion planning stack, which could include things ranging from route planning, trajectory optimization, and decision making
- Develop policies and plans to manage multi-actor interactions and plans under uncertainty
- Integrate remote guidance requests and autonomy behaviors into the remote assist system
- Take algorithms from conception to implementation and deployment
- Test algorithms in simulation, in-vehicle in a controlled environment, and ultimately in a vehicle in the field
- Contribute to the behavior prediction of traffic participants perceived around the autonomous vehicle
- Develop efficient Deep Learning architectures that run in real-time or other resource-constrained settings
- Support all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and integration
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in CS, Robotics, or related field
- Extensive experience working in container-based technologies like Docker
- Familiarity with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Caffe & Torch
- Exceptional coding abilities, architecture, debugging/diagnostics skills with experience working in a large rapidly evolving C++ production codebase
- Experience with emerging deep learning 1 based motion planning approaches (LSTMs, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Deep Q-learning, etc)
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in large-scale cloud infrastructure, e.g. G-Cloud or AWS
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 or other middleware systems
- Industry experience with software development for AVs
- Experience in code optimization or high-performance computing
- Experience writing numerical optimization algorithms
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience in applying ML for control or planning problems (e.g. Imitation Learning, Behavior Prediction, Reinforcement Learning)
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team-building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.