Senior Software Engineer, Motion Planning and Decision Making
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business-to-business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet the unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates to assist in build motion planning and decision-making systems and help mature new products all the way through to production. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Build and improve algorithms throughout the motion planning stack, which could include things ranging from route planning, trajectory optimization, and decision making
- Develop policies and plans to manage multi-actor interactions and plans under uncertainty
- Integrate remote guidance requests and autonomy behaviors into the remote assist system
- Take algorithms from conception to implementation and deployment
- Test algorithms in simulation, in-vehicle in a controlled environment, and ultimately in a vehicle in the field
- Contribute to the behavior prediction of traffic participants perceived around the autonomous vehicle
- Develop efficient Deep Learning architectures that run in real-time or other resource-constrained settings
- Support all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and integration
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in CS, Robotics, or related field
- Extensive experience working in container-based technologies like Docker
- Familiarity with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Caffe & Torch
- Exceptional coding abilities, architecture, debugging/diagnostics skills with experience working in a large rapidly evolving C++ production codebase
- Experience with emerging deep learning 1 based motion planning approaches (LSTMs, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Deep Q-learning, etc)
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in large-scale cloud infrastructure, e.g. G-Cloud or AWS
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 or other middleware systems
- Industry experience with software development for AVs
- Experience in code optimization or high-performance computing
- Experience writing numerical optimization algorithms
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience in applying ML for control or planning problems (e.g. Imitation Learning, Behavior Prediction, Reinforcement Learning)
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team-building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile