Software Engineer - TeleAssist - Back End / AWS
Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
Faction was founded in February 2020 with a focus on developing a deployable software architecture and hardware reference for future digital vehicle platforms. While there has been significant autonomous industry investment in perception, decision making, and control systems, many companies remain focused on areas of active research versus productization.
TeleAssist™ is Faction’s driverless teleoperation system that allows for remote assistance of driverless vehicles. Unlike earlier generations of teleoperation systems, Faction’s approach is to have human operators and the autonomous systems work collaboratively.
What You’ll Do:
- Build the core platform for connecting vehicles to remote teleoperators
- Define technical requirements, design, and test systems to remotely control our self-driving vehicles safely
- Plan, roadmap and grow our teleoperation capabilities and team as our vehicles move from development to production
What You'll Need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years industry experience designing, writing, and maintaining production-level code
- Expert in AWS APIs (Lambda, Iot, Elasticsearch etc.) in a production environment
- Very familiar with C++ in a production environment in addition to micro-service languages
- Experience with peer-to-peer networking technologies (video, audio, data).
- Experience with networking:
- Familiar with Wireshark, Tcpdump, and Linux tools (ss, netcat, etc)
- Knows how to work with TCP and UDP protocols
- Experience configuring Linux network devices and interfaces
- Familiarity with WebRTC and streaming or similar technologies
- Strong Linux and AWS cloud background
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Previous experience deploying and integrating software with external customers.
- Experience with electronics/hardware.
- Experience in automotive or robotics.
- Familiarity with containers (Docker / Kubernetes).
- Experience with Unix sockets.
- Experience with WebSockets.
- Experience with hardware level video compression.
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driverless electric vehicles at a fraction of the cost of a car.