Sr. DSP/Comms Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Xona is looking for a Senior Communications / DSP Engineer to join our team. As a member of this team, you will collaborate with our navigation, software, and RF engineers in the support of the development of next generation LEO GNSS signals. You will interface with other functional area experts (integrity, security, etc.) to optimize these signals and service as well as lead end-user performance analyses with Xona LEO-based signals. You will play a major role in defining a new generation of satellite navigation signals.
Desired Qualification (not all are expected):
- Experience with real world receiver testing in challenging environments (urban/multipath, scintillation, jamming, spoofing)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of GNSS space and user segments
- Experience with theoretical analysis of GNSS performance in various environments using MATLAB, C, C++, or Python
- Design of tracking loops and algorithms for GNSS signals
- Hands-on experience in prototype or mass-production receiver development
- Direct experience in GNSS hardware design in one or more of the following:
- Precision applications (RTK, PPP)
- Low-cost applications (IoT, cell phone)
- Critical applications (automotive, machine control, aviation, infrastructure, DoD, etc.)
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY