Software Engineer, Estimation
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Xona is looking for a Software Engineer specializing in estimation algorithms to join our software team. As part of our software team, you’ll be contributing towards the development of an operational payload for a satellite!
What You'll Do
- Working hand-in-hand with domain experts you’ll implement, optimize, and deploy novel algorithms and schema for precision navigation and state estimation in C++ on test and flight hardware from MATLAB reference implementations
- Evaluate and verify system’s performance on real-world and simulated data
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and code reviews
- Collaborate across different teams to formulate software architecture and requirements towards jointly achieving objectives in improving system performance and reliability
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a relevant field
- 3+ years of professional software development experience in agile C++ environments
- Experience with orbital mechanics, estimation theory, Kalman Filtering in MATLAB and Modern C++ environments
- Proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
- Understanding of GPS, GNSS, or other forms of navigation / localization
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY