Software Engineer, Testing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Xona is looking for a Software Engineer specializing in testing to join our software team. As part of our software team, you’ll interface with cross functional teams to contribute towards ensure our payloads and software systems are fully tested and ready for deployment in space!
What You'll Do
- Create detailed, comprehensives, and well-structured modular test designs, test plans, and test cases from system requirements and concept of operations use cases
- Interface with hardware, software, and systems engineering teams to identify system interactions that must be considered for testing
- Design and build automated tests in a Linux environment
- Work hand-in-hand with the development team to support system integration, debugging, and hardware in the loop testing with flight software
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a relevant field
- Experience building and executing test plans to validate software for production release
- Proficient with Linux command line tools, utilities, system admin tools, and bash scripting
- Proficiency with Modern C++
- Familiarity with functional testing, system level testing, and oppositional testing
- Proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
- Familiarity with orbital mechanics, estimation theory, Kalman Filtering, and the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY