Product Manager, Transactions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you someone that loves dissecting user experience problems that impact billions of dollars in consumer spend across the globe each year? Do you enjoy distilling the needs of consumers and businesses to make a complex retail transaction effortless?
We started Roadster to transform the way people buy & sell cars. We developed the Automotive industry’s first end-to-end commerce platform with a modern, consumer-first experience, enabling dealers to sell cars directly from their websites or in the showroom. We empower dealerships to provide the same effortless experience in buying a car that consumers have come to expect online.
Roadster is looking for a Retail Transactions Product Manager who will own the strategy, development and lifecycle of a system to support a digital vehicle transaction end to end.
And when we say “own”, we mean it. As a leader in the organization you’ll be directly responsible for the success of building a system that is agnostic to, and integrates seamlessly with the many third party systems required to facilitate the sale of a vehicle using Roadster.
You will work directly with Engineering, Product Design, Sales, Marketing and the Executive Team to define product strategy, build the roadmap and execute. You will own the successes and failures of your product area and be responsible for constant improvement and iteration.
Roadster’s ability to impact a dealer’s bottom line will be directly tied to your abilities to launch and scale product features that have a significant impact on the car buying and selling process. You’ll be in the line of fire every day but we’re guessing you’ll love being there.
- A product, computer science or related degree and 3+ years experience as a product manager in a user-centric product organization.
- Experience owning and operating a B2B or consumer-facing product line.
- A penchant for numbers and the ability to design a system to manage the inputs and outputs that comprise a successful vehicle transaction.
- Experience in fintech or better understanding around how consumers apply for and get funded through lenders.
- Managed partnerships with third parties to integrate a product or workflow effectively.
- Ability to define product priorities based on real customer and company value.
- Experience working in a dynamic product development organization that doesn’t closely adhere to traditional product structures (agile, waterfall, etc) for the sake of process but instead practices structure that enables the team to do their best work.
- Ability to drive product decisions based on data and intelligence.
- Enjoy working side by side with dealerships and consumers, observing product usage for real-time feedback.
- Ability to clearly articulate strategy and priorities to all levels of the organization.
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of the automotive fintech ecosystem and how dealerships’ businesses are run (DealerTrack, Route One, DMSs, Loan Origination Systems, Credit Application Management).
- Experience working in product organizations built in Ruby, Vue.js and utilizing AWS and Heroku technologies
- Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager experience
- Automotive or E-commerce domain experience
- Become a part of a fast-growing company in a rapidly changing industry
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on important product and strategy decisions
- Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Growth
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The #1 Commerce Platform for Car Buying