Backend Engineer - Remote
Roadster is looking for a back-end web developer to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have solid skills in server-side programming (object model and schema design, building browser-facing APIs, relational DBs, integrating with REST/SOAP APIs, processing data feeds, etc). If you also have exposure to building web user interfaces (more "full stack"), you'll have the opportunity to use those skills as well.
Our current stack includes Rails, Postgres, Redis, Elastic, Vue and Cloudflare, currently deployed via Heroku, running in multiple locales in multiple data centers. We run a CI pipeline and ship code multiple times per day.
As part of a small, dynamic team, you'll be able to have a direct impact on our business, work in many areas of our system, be exposed to new technologies, and ultimately develop and grow professionally. Our founding team has deep technical and product experience, enjoys mentoring, and seeks to build an environment where you can continue to develop and grow professionally
- Building a variety of application features across different product areas, including integrations with new remote services, modeling new problem domains or building out application logic.
- Performance measurement and optimization at the Postgres, Elasticsearch or application level.
- Participating in our evaluation of new technologies as we scale our platform.
- 3 or more years of software engineering experience, building web application products.
- BS in Computer Science degree (or relevant degree).
- Solid understanding of relational DBs and SQL
- Strong communications skills, with an interest in collaborating with cross-functional team members.
Nice to have
- Experience with Rails, Postgres, Heroku or Elastic.
- Experience building back-end integrations (ingesting data of various formats, working with REST or SOAP APIs, projecting internal APIs to clients for accessing those data/services).
- Knowledge of job queue or message bus technologies. Experience with concurrent programming tools and techniques.
- Experience building data pipelines for analytics or other purposes.
- Experience with scalability concerns, for data storage or request processing.
- Become a part of a fast-growing company in a rapidly changing industry
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on important product and strategy decisions
- Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Growth
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The #1 Commerce Platform for Car Buying