Senior Accounts Payable Accountant - Palo Alto, CA
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
The Sr. Accounts Payable Accountant will be a key part of Nauto’s accounting team, reporting to the Assistant Controller. This individual will assume complete ownership of the Accounts Payable cycle and related functions and will be a key contributor to month-end close processes, including ownership of various balance sheet reconciliations. This individual will also play a critical role assisting with annual audit and tax workpaper preparation and supporting other day to day operational activities as needed.
- Own full cycle Accounts Payable function including invoice review, coding, approvals, data entry, and disbursements
- Maintain vendor records, setting up new accounts, ensuring compliance with 1099 reporting and record keeping (W-9s).
- Maintain AP email inbox, timely route invoices to appropriate approver(s), and follow through on each to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Process PO invoices through 3-way match and work closely with procurement and vendors to resolve discrepancies between the PO and invoices.
- Enter approved invoices timely and accurately in NetSuite, ensuring appropriate G/L coding, due date, documentation, and approvals in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
- Support the accounting team during the month end close process, completing accruals and balance sheet reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner
General Ledger Accounting:
- Responsible for general ledger accounting and assigned monthly close tasks including, but not limited to, the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and related flux analyses.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting, including preparation of account reconciliations and monthly roll forward schedules.
- Ensure daily cash tracking/reconciliation/reporting is complete.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness as it relates to the close process.
- Assist with annual audit and tax workpaper preparation.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and operational reports as requested.
- Provide financial support, interfacing with all levels of management and external vendors.
- Recommend, establish and maintain controls to ensure accuracy and provide safeguards.
- Complete other assigned duties and provide backup for other accounting team members as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate results
- Ability to gather, analyze and determine implications of financial data and communicate effectively
- Must possess a keen eye for process improvement
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office, G-Suite, and query tools
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Fast-paced start-up environment experience is a big plus
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Beautiful modern workspace. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided when in person office resumes.
- Exceptional health benefits coverage.
- Frequent employee events and gatherings
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering to Support & Operations
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Software for Driver and Fleet Safety