At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
The Senior Accountant will be a key part of Nauto’s accounting team, reporting to the Assistant Controller. This individual will assume complete ownership of assigned general ledger and cost accounting responsibilities and will be a key contributor to ensuring timely and accurate financial statement reporting. This individual will also play a critical role assisting with annual audit and tax workpaper preparation and supporting other day to day operational activities as needed.
General Ledger Accounting:
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and proper application of generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure while contributing to accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes in accordance with US GAAP.
- Own assigned general ledger accounting responsibilities including, but not limited to, the timely preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and flux analyses.
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual cost accounting requirements, including but not limited to reconciliation of prepaid inventory, analysis of purchase price variances and development of freight and overhead absorption rates.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness as it relates to the close process.
- Assist with annual audit and tax workpaper preparation.
- Recommend, establish and maintain controls to ensure accuracy and provide safeguards.
- Identify areas for improvement in accounting processes and implement changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency. Document procedures to ensure compliance.
- Lead and perform system testing as required for various system and process improvement projects.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and operational reports as requested.
- Complete other assigned duties and provide backup for other team members as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
- 5+ years hands-on general ledger experience; cost accounting experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate results
- Ability to gather, analyze and determine implications of financial data and communicate effectively
- Must possess a keen eye for process improvement
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office, G-Suite, and query tools
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Fast-paced start-up environment experience is a big plus
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Beautiful modern workspace. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided when in person office resumes.
- Exceptional health benefits coverage.
- Frequent employee events and gatherings
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering to Support & Operations
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Software for Driver and Fleet Safety