Systems & Tools Manager
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
As an Systems and Tools Manager at Nauto, you will lead a small team and immediately make a concrete impact on the growth of the business, while scaling Nauto's cloud infrastructure.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design the architecture and lead the implementation of internal systems and tools at Nauto to support customer self-service, subscription and billing management, device and customer fleet configurations and associated internal metrics and dashboards
- Work across functions - including Cloud and Device Engineering teams, Finance, Customer Service and Sales.
- Make sure systems and tools are built in a modern way that scales, assure data integrity across systems and error proof interfaces.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of Engineering experience, preferably delivering large scale production software
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager as the team grows
- Be a cloud software matter expert with strong competencies in distributed and secure API design and integrations, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Work with your team and cross functional partners to define and influence strategy
- Experience with common enterprise systems and API integrations - such as Salesforce, Netsuite and alike
- Drive roadmap creation and execution
- Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives and have an impact at an organizational level
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and testable code using modern server platforms and languages such as Python and GoLang
- Absolutely fanatical about automation, metrics and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of AWS services.
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience working with offline map/reduce systems, such as Spark or Hadoop based systems and software
- Ability to decompose complex distributed systems and quickly pinpoint issues
- Work effectively with cross functional partners and stakeholders to set and achieve optimal outcomes
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or related engineering fields or equivalent experience
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Beautiful modern workspace. Many perks including a cafe with meals, snacks, and drinks provided.
- Exceptional health benefits coverage.
- Opportunities to get to know your team better through frequent employee events and gatherings.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering to Support & Operations.
Come revolutionize transportation safety and do your best work here at Nauto!
Nauto is committed to being a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Software for Driver and Fleet Safety