Senior Modem Software Engineer
Nauto® is the only real-time AI-powered Driver Behavior Learning Platform able to help predict, prevent, and reduce high-risk events in the mobility ecosystem. By analyzing billions of data points from over 650 million AI-analyzed video miles, Nauto’s machine learning algorithms continuously improve and help to impact driver behavior before events happen, not after. Nauto has enabled the largest commercial fleets in the world to avoid more than 25,000 collisions, resulting in nearly $180 million in savings.
Nauto is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, SoftBank Vision FundGroup Corp, Allianz Group, Playground Global and DNX Ventures, and most recently closed $159M series B round. More information about Nauto is available at www.nauto.com, or on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- As a member of our Device Engineering team, you will focus on development, integration and customization of modem features on Android and Embedded Linux devices.
- You will be the point of contact for triaging and fixing Modem related issues
- You will be responsible for evaluating and recommending Modem modules for Nauto’s devices as part of the System Engineering and Architecture activities
- You will be responsible for interfacing with our Modem module vendors, integrating their deliverables into Nauto devices
- You will be responsible for the bringup and prototyping activities related to the Connectivity modules of the system
- 5+ years of experience with 3GPP 5G-NR/LTE/CDMA/UMTS/GSM related standards.
- 5+ years of experience with Android RIL, Telephony, IMS components.
- Strong Domain Expertise on Protocol Stack (NAS, RRC, RLC, PDCP, MAC), LTE Stack(NAS, RRC, eRLC, eMAC, ePDCP), 5G-NR Stack, TCP/IP.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and/or Android OS development
- Experiencing with certification (GCF/PTCRB/IOT/FIT) of Modem modules
- Proven track record in resolving End-2-End data performance issues
- Knowledge of WIFI and Bluetooth stack is a definite plus.
- Stock options
- Insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision, including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO and Work from Home
- Ground floor opportunity with smart, motivated coworkers and team to shape the strategic direction of the company
- Free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, daily
- Fun activities like weekly happy hour, daily group workouts and occasional nerf battles. We even have a puzzle club!
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Nauto is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Software for Driver and Fleet Safety