Senior Backend Engineer
NautoⓇ is the only real-time AI-powered Driver Behavior Learning Platform able to predict, actively prevent, and reduce high-risk events in the mobility ecosystem. By analyzing billions of data points from over 400 million AI-analyzed video miles, Nauto’s machine learning algorithms continuously improve and help to impact driver behavior before events happen, not after. Nauto has enabled the largest commercial fleets in the world to avoid more than 25,000 collisions, resulting in nearly $100 million in savings.
Nauto is located in North America, Japan, and Europe. Nauto is backed by SoftBank Vision FundGroup Corp., Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, Allianz Group, Playground Global and DNX Ventures.
If you are looking to work somewhere with a great engineering culture, interesting technical problems, a full-stack solution (hardware, embedded, cloud, AI/ML) and a solid tech stack (Golang, Qubole, TensorFlow, AWS), then Nauto is the place for you.
Nauto is growing fast, but this is still a ground floor opportunity. Management encourages ownership and accountability and is very transparent with what’s going on. Every role has a lot of visibility and challenges and lots of chances to make an impact.
- As a core member of our backend team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable, distributed, high-volume applications that should be reliable 24x7.
- You will need to make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns and deliver the systems with speediness and quality.
Experiences and Skills
- 4+ years software engineering roles with track record of successful delivery of production quality software
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with bringing software to production at large scale.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and testable code using modern server platforms such as GoLang, Python or Node.js.
- In-depth experience with Golang is a plus
- Absolutely fanatical about automation and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of AWS services.
- Experience with event logging and streaming services, such as Kafka
- Experience working with Docker Containers and relevant container orchestration systems: ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience designing systems with search functionality and working with search systems such as Elasticsearch is a plus
- Ability to decompose complex distributed systems and quickly pinpoint issues.
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or related engineering fields or equivalent experience
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Beautiful modern work space. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided
- Exceptional health benefits coverage.
- Opportunities to get to know your team better through frequent employee events and gatherings
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering to Support & Operations
We have all the perks of a Valley startup, including:
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group including experts in a wide range of fields such as Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision, Systems & Device Engineering, and Support & Operations
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving
- We love Hackathons!
- Free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, daily
- Fun activities like weekly happy hour, daily group workouts and occasional nerf battles. We even have a puzzle club!
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
We also have all the best benefits, including:
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO
Nauto is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Software for Driver and Fleet Safety