Embedded Algorithms Engineer
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
We are looking for a software developer whose primary responsibility will be to create that will move our AI device platform from embedded Android to other embedded systems (currently various flavors of Linux). You will be working with other engineers across several different disciplines: the hardware platform, ML/AI engineers and cloud developers. Ideal candidates will have excellent skills in collaborative problem solving, the willingness to overcome hardware constraints, and the internal drive to create quality easy to implement SDK.
- Analyze the project and participate in multi-way discussions with machine learning engineers, system engineers, and other software developers to familiarize yourself with the product.
- Design, build, and test efficient, high-quality embedded code in C++.
- Ensure the robustness of the code on several platforms to include correctness.
- Ensure the robustness and security of messaging systems.
- Collaborate on the design of future revisions of the product.
- Strong knowledge of the C/C++ programming language in an embedded software context
- Experience interfacing with AI algorithms, camera video streams, and GPS
- Familiarity with using additional sensors, such as accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Experience with USB communication
- Experience with low-power design and advanced sleep modes
- Understanding of underlying hardware to the point where it influences firmware development and debugging
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git
- B.S. in computer science with 5 years of experience.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Beautiful modern workspace. Many perks including a cafe with meals, snacks, and drinks provided.
- Exceptional health benefits coverage.
- Opportunities to get to know your team better through frequent employee events and gatherings.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering to Support & Operations.
Come revolutionize transportation safety and do your best work here at Nauto!
Nauto is committed to being a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Software for Driver and Fleet Safety