Cloud Software Engineering Manager
NautoⓇ is the only real-time AI-powered, Driver Behavior Learning Platform to predict, actively prevent, and reduce high-risk events in the mobility ecosystem. By analyzing billions of data points from over 400 million AI-processed video miles, Nauto’s machine learning algorithms continuously improve and impact driver behavior before events happen, not after. Nauto has enabled the largest commercial fleets in the world to avoid more than 25,000 collisions, resulting in nearly $100 million in savings.
Nauto is located in North America, Japan, and Europe. Nauto is backed by SoftBank Vision FundGroup Corp., Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, Allianz Group, Playground Global and DNX Ventures.
As a Cloud Software Engineering Manager at Nauto, you will lead a small team and immediately make a concrete impact on the growth of the business, while scaling Nauto's cloud infrastructure.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and implement data models to support product and analytical use-cases
- Build large scale tabular datasets from unstructured and semi-structured log data from Nauto devices
- 100% Cloud infrastructure development. Building out ETL pipelines and stream processing architectures.
- As a core member of our Cloud team, you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of scalable, distributed, high-volume applications that should be reliable 24x7.
- You will need to make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns and deliver the systems with speediness and quality.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of Engineering experience, preferably delivering large scale production Cloud based software
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager
- Be a cloud software matter expert with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Work with your team and cross functional partners to define and influence strategy
- Drive roadmap creation and execution
- Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives and have an impact at an organizational level
- Participate in technical design
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and testable code using modern server platforms such as GoLang, Python or Node.js.
- In-depth experience with Golang is a plus
- Absolutely fanatical about automation and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of AWS services.
- Experience with event logging and streaming services, such as Kafka
- Experience working with Docker Containers and relevant container orchestration systems: ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience designing systems with search functionality and working with search systems such as Elasticsearch is a plus
- Ability to decompose complex distributed systems and quickly pinpoint issues.
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
- Work effectively with cross functional partners and stakeholders to set and achieve optimal outcomes
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or related engineering fields or equivalent experience
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Beautiful modern workspace. Many perks including a cafe with meals, snacks, and drinks provided.
- Exceptional health benefits coverage.
- Opportunities to get to know your team better through frequent employee events and gatherings.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering to Support & Operations.
Come revolutionize transportation safety and do your best work here at Nauto!
Nauto is committed to being a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Software for Driver and Fleet Safety