Senior Data Scientist
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
- Build models and analyses based on real-life data from large vehicle fleets
- Create large datasets to discover insights helpful in developing new approaches and algorithms to advance the state of the art in transportation safety
- Work closely with Product, Data Infrastructure and Device teams to build scalable and automated datasets, analyses, and models
Experiences and Skills
- Practical experience with data science and machine learning methods, common cloud-based data analysis tools and frameworks Spark, SQL, Pandas, AWS, PySpark, etc).
- Solid mathematical and statistical background.
- Solid skills programming in Python.
- Passionate about transportation safety.
- Hands-on and versatile data scientist with practical experience building predictive models using diverse data sources at scale.
- Collaborative mindset when working with engineering teams to implement data models and data
- gathering infrastructure in production.
- Independent thinker capable of uncovering insights in data to inform our roadmap.
- Entrepreneurial personality is a plus.
- M.Sc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Physics or similarly quantitative-heavy background.
We have all the perks of a Valley startup, including:
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group including experts in a wide range of fields such as Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision, Systems & Device Engineering, and Support & Operations
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving
- We love Hackathons!
- Free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, daily
- Fun activities like weekly happy hour, daily group workouts and occasional nerf battles. We even
- have a puzzle club!
- We are a dog-friendly environment
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
We also have all the best benefits, including:
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO
Nauto is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Software for Driver and Fleet Safety