Software Program Manager
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
- Manage scrum process for multiple cross-functional software teams , including daily standup, story grooming, retrospectives, and sprint planning.
- Facilitate implementation of new processes and improvements. Refine existing processes, and develop new processes as Joby grows and runs the long path to fully certified software.
- Monitor work and remove impediments to progress.
- Facilitate communication, discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Train and support team members in good Agile/Scrum practices.
- Coach the team to higher levels of Scrum maturity.
- Identify and track risks and issues with ongoing projects. Schedule and facilitate meetings, document, create tasks, track progress and marshal resources as needed to achieve resolution.
- Communicate risks, issues, plan, and status. Identify mitigation strategies and impact to staffing or schedule.
- Help team develop longer term goals and translate those goals into Epics and Stories; facilitate Backlog grooming.
- Be flexible.
POSITION MAY INCLUDE ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY THAT IS SUBJECT TO U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS.
- Project Management of Enterprise level cross functional Software Teams and Projects (e.g. Systems, Embedded, Life-safety critical software). Hands on / direct program management of software engineers to manage their schedules and deliverables.
- Bachelor's in engineering or relevant fields.
- Proficiency with Agile development process, scrum master experience Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodology.
- 7+ years of experience with software development project scheduling and management.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to details.
- Demonstrated experience in the simultaneous management of multiple high-paced engineering projects.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Hands on experience / fundamental understanding of iterative and incremental development.
- Proactively identify and develop needed processes; gain concurrence and facilitate adoption.
- FAA certification experience
- Experience with safety critical software development projects is desired but not required.
- Proficiency with JIRA and Jira Advanced Roadmaps and Polarian
- Proficiency with common workplace software: Word, spreadsheets, Confluence, Slack, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing