Senior Aircraft Manufacturing Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is searching for a senior aircraft manufacturing engineer with experience taking prototype aircraft products into a production operation. Individual must have a strong technical background in certified aircraft manufacturing. Candidates should be well versed in the stages of developing production processes, documenting and standardizing those processes, design and implementation of production tooling and equipment, setup and use of product lifecycle and configuration management (PLM) systems, manufacturing execution systems (MES), and be willing to mentor less experienced manufacturing engineers in those areas.
- Develop Joby’s standards for production processes and manufacturing work instructions.
- Design manufacturing aids and equipment such as jigs, fixtures, molds, etc.
- Produce easy to follow prints and shop floor drawings with strong GD&T understanding.
- Drive manufacturing BOM created from PLM solution.
- Experience working with Catia V5 or later, Enovia, and Delmia.
- Experience in a certified aircraft production operation as a manufacturing engineer.
- B.S. in Manufacturing, Industrial, Systems, or Mechanical engineering OR substantial hands-on manufacturing experience.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience in prototype manufacturing in a professional environment.
- Proficiency in GD&T.
- Experience developing process documentation.
- Understanding of ERP/MRP/MES solutions.
- 8+ years of working experience in relevant industry.
- M.S./Ph.D in relevant discipline.
- Experience with Dassault Systemes PLM and Catia V5 or later.
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing concepts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing