Software Verification Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Aviation Software requires comprehensive testing to ensure safety and to meet flight certification standards. Help Joby Aviation achieve software certification by testing the Embedded C/C++ code that controls vehicle flight and system monitoring. In this role you will work with a range of software, processor in the loop, and hardware in the loop simulators representative of the eVTOL system. Design, execute and maintain test cases, test reports, and supporting documentation for software certification and validation purposes. Become the Software Verification product expert on flight-critical software components and own the testing process. Additionally, you will use automated UI testing tools to automate testing of the system’s ground control software. Candidate should be an energetic, meticulous, self-motivated person with an adamant belief in the importance of product quality. If you love working with new technology, and have passion for innovation and safety, this is the job for you.
- 2+ years Industry Experience in Quality Assurance or Test Engineering.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Development of GUI automation tests.
- Strong background in Software Test and Verification.
- Development, execution and reporting of test cases.
- Reporting of defects, code coverage and other quality metrics.
- Project management, bug tracking and continuous integration tools, e.g JIRA, Jenkins, Team City.
- DO-178C Software Certification.
- Agile software development, Unit Testing and Test Driven Development.
- Robotics Project(s) and/or Drone experience.
- Piloting aircraft, avionics hardware, electric cars or similar systems.
- C/C++ and Python programming proficiency.
- Test Complete automation tool proficiency.
- Matlab and similar mathematics tools.
- Interfacing with embedded software and electronic hardware.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing