Composites Materials & Process Test Technician
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Working as a Composites M&P Test Technician you will support the materials qualification effort leading to the development, certification, and production of eVTOL aircraft. The role requires composite fabrication and laboratory experience. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Use specifications, standards, drawings and verbal instructions to build and fabricate composite parts and bonded assemblies
- Set up mechanical test equipment and tests per ASTM and other standards
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, scales and other measuring equipment needed to ensure proper layout of coupons
- Document all work with digital photographs and test reports
- Assist in developing and optimizing manufacturing processes
- Experience with composite layup, machine shop equipment; including saws, mills, surface grinders and sanders to fabricate test coupons that are compliant to engineering requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office Suite and general computer skills
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly, and organized manner
- Able to lift assemblies weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, detailed blueprints, and other similar authorized drawings and documents, and be capable of doing basic mathematical calculations
- High school diploma or GED is required. An associate degree or additional engineering course work is a plus
- 3+ years experience in composite fabrication or test laboratory environment
- Experience with environmental conditioning, material characterization including physical, chemical and mechanical testing
- Oven and autoclave operator experience a plus, but not required
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing