Reliability - Reliability Test Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a motivated and organized Test Engineer to aid in the reliability testing of electronic equipment, electrical wiring systems, and high voltage batteries. The data collected pre, post- and during tests will aid in evaluating and improving designs of equipment used throughout the vehicle. In addition to validation testing, activities include supporting design team in non-destructive diagnostics. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Work closely with EE and Battery teams to (1) develop functional tests for pre and post validation evaluation and (2) identify equipment needed to execute tests.
- Work closely with Reliability Engineer to (1) create the foundation for the design of reliability experiments, (2) develop the environmental stress test protocol, and (3) communicate test results.
- Develop LabView/Python scripts for in-situ data collection.
- Diagnose failures and conduct root cause analysis.
- Manage test equipment and secure external resources.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or another relevant discipline.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong analytical background.
- Experience operating temperature/humidity chambers, vibration tables, HALT chambers.
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, DAQ systems, power supplies, and load bank setups.
- Reliability background – Weibull statistics, sample size estimation.
- Experience with reliability test design for electronic assemblies.
- Previous exposure to high voltage systems.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing