Composites Material & Process Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to coordinate our composite materials qualification effort leading to the development, certification and production of eVTOL aircraft.
This individual will have overall responsibility to develop, test and qualify composite prepregs, surface films and structural adhesives.
- Develop and implement FAA mandated material qualification test plans.
- Supervise composite layup and technicians in the fabrication of test panels and specimens.
- Coordinate the physical and mechanical testing of materials both in-house and with suppliers and outside laboratories.
- Compile the final test reports and update materials specification as required.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of aerospace composite parts fabrication and structural bonding
- 5+ years experience in the aerospace industry
- Familiarity with standard ASTM and SACMA test procedures.
- Must possess good writing, PC and presentation skills.
- Understanding of statistical design allowables
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 5+ experience in the aerospace industry
- Hands-on material test laboratory experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing