Quality Inspector, Electronic/Electrical Assembly and Circuit Card Assembly
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our quality assurance team. As part of this team, you will perform incoming, source inspection (at a supplier location) and final inspection of Electronic/Electrical Assemblies and Circuit Card Assemblies for VTOL electric aircraft. The inspection process will help baseline the company’s Electronic/Electrical Assembly and Circuit Card Assembly design efforts and pave the way for production. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Participate in the development of the quality inspection system.
- Perform incoming inspection on supplied Electronic/Electrical Assemblies and Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA).
- Perform in-process inspection of Electronic/Electrical Assemblies and CCAs (as required).
- Perform final inspection on completed Electronic/Electrical Assemblies and CCAs.
- Perform final inspection on the completed Work Order paperwork package.
- Perform adhoc part and process inspections.
- Conduct receiving inspection duties (as required).
- Document and relay non-conformance information.
- Conduct in-process and final inspection duties.
- Conduct source inspection duties at a supplier location (as required).
- Conduct first article inspection and generate first article inspection reports in compliance with SAE AS9102 (as required).
- Conduct Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Foreign Object Damage (FOD) inspections/audits (as required).
- Two years of on-the-job aerospace experience in Electronic/Electrical assembly/CCA inspection or a related field.
- A high-school diploma or GED or an additional three years of related on-the-job experience is necessary.
- Thorough understanding of J-STD-001, IPC-A-600 and IPC-A-610 requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical, thru-hole, surface mount, and electronic component identification to verify proper installation of components and parts on circuit cards.
- Must have a general knowledge of ASME Y14.44-2008 drawing practices.
- Ability to read and interpret quality control specifications, blueprint/CCA drawings, wiring diagrams and engineering specifications including Electronic/Electrical and mechanical symbols and conventions.
- Must be able to read and interpret definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics.
- Must know basic quality terms, definitions and concepts.
- Must know basic statistical terms and techniques, how to plot data and how to recognize out-of-control conditions.
- Must know the definition of plan-do-check-act (PDCA) and understand the team concept.
- Must understand types of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales.
- Must know the difference between accuracy and precision and be able to select the appropriate measuring tools and techniques.
- Must accurately use quality related measuring equipment such as a multimeters, micrometers, calipers and other equipment to assist during Electronic/Electrical Assembly and CCA inspection.
- Must have basic calibration knowledge.
- Must be able to identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution.
- Must understand sample size requirements for lots and pulling random samples.
- Must be able to use inspection planning tools and perform a product audit; determine sample size for lots; pull random samples.
- Must have knowledge of testing methods.
- Must be able to identify and report non-conforming material.
- Must understand traceability (product, material and calibration).
- Must have a strong knowledge of basic mathematical operations and perform measurement conversions; be able to solve for x; add and subtract degrees, minutes, and seconds.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- J-STD-001, IPC-A-600 and IPC-A-610 Certification or Certified Trainer preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector Certificate preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing