Powertrain and Electronics - Test Technician
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our Testing team. As part of this team, you will contribute to the development of flight-critical components and systems for VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Work closely with Test Engineers and Equipment Design Engineers to provide support in assembling, maintaining, and operating in-house designed test rigs, stands and fixtures.
- Install instrumentation and data acquisition systems using foil strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells, thermistors, etc. (including sensor installation).
- Support Test Engineers with assembling component/system level electro-mechanical equipment with minimal supervision.
- Build wiring harness, soldering of electronics, and overall electrical craftsmanship.
- Setup, execute, and monitor validation and reliability tests at component and system level as per approved test plan.
- Aid in the development of technical work procedures and process documentation.
- Maintain a clean workspace and inventory of tools and equipment.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability.
- Hands-on attitude, and detail-oriented work habits in testing environment.
- Experience with mechanical design and manufacturing drawing.
- Experience with component assembly and systems integration of electronics.
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of instrumentation and analytical tools, hand and power tools and HV equipment.
- IPC (or relevant) certification regarding rework and soldering.
- Experience with tool maintenance schedules and equipment calibration intervals.
- Experience with laboratory data analysis.
- Familiar with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures.
- Familiar with LabView, MATLAB.
- Familiar with Computer Aided Design - Catia and Solidworks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing