Full Stack Software Engineer - VFT
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high-rate production.
We are a rapidly growing team building mission critical software products supporting Joby Aviation’s vision to save 1 billion people an hour every day through electric powered flight. As a full stack developer, you will be part of the Virtual Flight Tower (VFT) which is JOBY's cloud-based flight data control system, providing simulation control, real flight monitoring, and recorded flight data review. The VFT Team is designing and building a single web presence that allows people to create simulations, control and monitor the simulations in real time, generate reports on the results, monitor live flight data streams from the physical aircraft and review the recorded flight data.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar. Master's degree preferred
- At least 3+ years industry experience
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures
- Expert knowledge in Angular or similar client-side libraries such as React, or Vue
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Experience in Python
- Experience creating consumer grade UI/UX
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of databases and associated technologies
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Basic understanding of version control technologies
- Are a pilot or have an interest in aviation and/or new transportation technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing