Electrical Technician - San Carlos
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate electriconics technician to join our powertrain team and help build flight-critical components for our VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. Come help us build advanced electrical powertrains as we try to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Support engineers to execute board-level reworks and low-volume electrical assembly tasks
- Build and test harnesses and test fixtures to help develop our latest powertrain hardware, primarily boards to be used in high voltage batteries and inverters.
- Assemble hardware for use on test stands or on aircraft while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems, etc.
- Work with engineers to perform electrical measurements and test procedures
- Able to work in fast pace environment and maintain high standards of work
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Strong work ethic
- Team oriented attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability
- Extensive experience with detailed SMT soldering techniques, including 0402 and other fine-pitch components, including lead-less and exposed pad components
- Experience with hot-air rework
- Previous experience as NPI (new product introduction) or engineering technician
- Experience with industrial environments and procedures
- Experience working on high voltage systems and/or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience writing and following work instructions
- Experience with electronic measurement equipment, such as oscilloscopes and multimeters a plus
- Experience with IR reflow equipment
- Familiarity with electronic-CAD systems (such as Altium) a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing