Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is looking for a self-motivated and flexible prototype machinist. The role is to make fixtures, jigs, test articles, and flight components while working closely with both engineering and fabrication teams. The Joby Aviation team is looking to add to our already dynamic team with good people with great skills.
- Operate mills, lathes, drill presses, saws, grinders, and sheet metal fabrication equipment.
- Machine high quality, precision parts and tooling in a variety of materials.
- Handle material from rough stock to finished part.
- Design and fabricate custom tools.
- Read blueprints and other design documents as well as interpret verbal design instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly and continue to challenge yourself
- Flexibility to work in a fast-growing environment
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to work with aggressive timelines
- Proficiency in safely operating mills, lathes, drill presses, saws, grinders, and sheet metal fabrication equipment
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs unaided
- 5+ years experience as a prototype machinist
- 3+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Experience with composite tooling
- Familiarity with Five Axis Routers, FANUC and FAGOR controls
- Familiarity with metrology tools such as scanners and CMM
- Familiarity with 3 axis and 5 axis CNC programming and operation
- Proficiency in computer-aided design (CATIA)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing