Quality Inspector, Additive Manufacturing
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production. While we are growing quickly, we are selective in whom we hire. You should be curious, driven, and devoted to your area of excellence. We live for results, employ hierarchy only to enhance efficiency, and deplore bureaucracy. If you embrace our bold vision and wish to join us in this exciting challenge, please apply using the online application form.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our quality assurance team. As part of this team, you will perform incoming, in-process, source inspection (at a supplier location) and final inspection of Additive Manufactured parts for VTOL electric aircraft. The inspection process will help baseline the company’s Additive Manufacturing design efforts and pave the way for production. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Participate in the development of the quality inspection system.
- Perform incoming inspection on supplied Additive Manufactured parts
- Perform in-process inspection during Additive Manufacturing part build up
- Perform final inspection on completed Additive Manufactured parts
- Perform final inspection on the completed Work Order paperwork package
- Perform adhoc part and process inspections
- Document and relay non-conformance information
- Conduct receiving inspection duties (as required)
- Conduct source inspection duties at a supplier location (as required)
- Conduct first article inspection and generate first article inspection reports in compliance with SAE AS9102 (as required)
- Conduct Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Foreign Object Damage (FOD) inspections/audits (as required)
- Two years of on-the-job aerospace experience in additive, composite, mechanical inspection or a related field
- A high-school diploma or GED or an additional three years of related on-the-job experience is necessary.
- Must have a general knowledge of ASME Y14.5M, working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and must understand the x, y, z coordinate system.
- Ability to read and interpret quality control specifications, blueprint drawings and engineering specifications including mechanical and electrical symbols and conventions
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and know definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics.
- Must know basic quality terms, definitions and concepts
- Must know basic statistical terms and techniques, how to plot data and how to recognize out-of-control conditions
- Must know the definition of plan-do-check-act (PDCA) and understand the team concept
- Must understand types of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales
- Must know the difference between accuracy and precision and be able to select the appropriate measuring tools and techniques
- Must accurately use quality related measuring equipment such as a CMM (coordinate measuring machine), micrometers, calipers etc.
- Must have basic calibration knowledge
- Must be able to identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution.
- Must understand sample size requirements for lots and pulling random samples
- Must be able to use inspection planning tools and perform a product audit; determine sample size for lots; pull random samples.
- Must have knowledge of testing methods
- Must be able to identify and report non-conforming material
- Must understand traceability (product, material and calibration)
- Must have a strong knowledge of basic mathematical operations and perform measurement conversions; be able to solve for x; add and subtract degrees, minutes, and seconds
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong background in Non-Destructive testing and inspection
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector Certificate
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing