Electromechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Working as an Electromechanical Manufacturing Engineer, you will work closely with the design team, as well as members of the integration team, machine shop, composites shop, and other labs. You will take the designer’s concepts and make them a reality by creating build processes, utilizing tooling and fixturing of your own design, and authoring concise instructions for the manufacturing floor.
- Read, write, draw, and analyze technical drawings.
- Provide feedback to design engineers and production floor to continuously improve the manufacturing process.
- Build out new process plans that optimize efficiency while minimizing overhead.
- Design manufacturing aids and equipment such as jigs, fixtures, molds, etc.
- Create and maintain the manufacturing BOM for your area of responsibility.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve manufacturing processes.
- Strong experience with creating assembly methods and processes for mechanical and electromechanical assemblies.
- B.S. in Manufacturing, Industrial, Systems, or Mechanical engineering OR several years of experience in a directly relevant role.
- Outstanding problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to develop process documentation.
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with CAD, such as Catia, Pro/E, SolidWorks, etc.
- Understanding of PLM, ERP, and MES systems.
- Proficiency in GD&T.
- Ability to design tooling and fixturing.
- Experience with Catia V5 or later, Enovia, and Delmia.
- Exposure to medium or high rate vehicle production.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing