Build and Release Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
As a Build and Release Engineer you will help Joby Aviation achieve software certification by implementing robust continuous integration pipelines, managed software releases, automated builds, managed deployments and testing frameworks. You will lead a team in implementing a build and release processes that meets the high demands of DO178C certification. You will coordinate the software release process across the stakeholders at Joby, such as the flight test and integration teams. You should be comfortable with Linux, command-line systems, Python scripting, and cloud technologies. Joby is looking for an energetic, innovative leader, expected to support rapid company growth towards our goals.
- B.S. in software engineering or a relevant discipline.
- 3+ Years experience in the software industry.
- Scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
- Automated build systems using CI software such as TeamCity or Jenkins. Managing software versioning and artifact management using services like Artifactory.
- C and C++ and Makefile systems such as CMake, Ninja, Buck, or Bazel.
- Familiar with Networking principles, DNS, Web, and common Cloud services.
- M.S. in software engineering or a relevant discipline.
- 5+ Years experience in the software industry.
- Managing software versioning and artifact management using services like Artifactory.
- Manage strict software release processes around Agile Scrum software development.
- Automate management of virtual machine images using packer, vagrant and virtualbox.
- Infrastructure-as-code using tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, saltstack or ansible.
- Hands on Containerization Orchestration - Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos
- Experience with DSL languages such as Groovy
- Vivado, Xilinx FPGA, Arduino, embedded systems.
- Documentation tools such as Sphinx, LaTeX, Document stores.
- Data Management and Information Extraction.
- DTP Static Analysis tools like Parasoft software.
- DO-178C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification.
- Familiar with Databases such as Postgres
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing