Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
The Security Engineer position is responsible for designing and implementing the security infrastructure according to directives derived from risk analysis and projects budgeted under the security plan. Additional responsibilities include implementing (new) and improving existing instrumentation and tools used for detecting and analyzing security events with potential security implications.
A passion for information security, for keeping up with new technologies and new vulnerabilities, and developing skills with new technologies and tools is critical.
Strong communication skills are essential to effectively communicate information security risks to senior management and other stakeholders; the position is required to author reports for a variety of audiences and to draft policies or other standards. The Information Security Analyst supports and is supported by the other members of the Joby IT team.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- Very strong Linux/Unix/BSD administration skills
- Infrastructure-as-code using tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, saltstack or ansible
- Familiar with Networking principles, DNS, Web, and common Cloud services
- Well developed writing skills (i.e. please have the ability to write in a simple and clear style when authoring policies, incident response reports, and root cause analysis reports)
- Have an eagerness to master unfamiliar technology
- Have extensive expertise in administering vulnerability assessment tools, patch management systems, firewalls, intrusion prevention sensors, email security systems, and related technologies
- Demonstrate scripting ability and experience in automation tools and config management tools
- Have experience in administering networking devices (switches, routers) and network services
- Exhibit independence, focus, determination, and creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing