Engineering Technician - San Carlos
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate technician to join our powertrain team and help build flight-critical components for our VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. Come help us build advanced electrical powertrains as we try to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Work closely with engineering to develop and build our latest hardware, primarily high voltage batteries and inverters.
- Assemble hardware for use on test stands or on aircraft while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems, etc.
- Develop assembly methods and tools on quickly developing designs.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain high standards of work.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team oriented attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability.
- Experience with mechanical component assembly and systems integration of mechanical systems.
- Previous experience as NPI (new product introduction) or engineering technician.
- Experience with industrial environments and procedures.
- Experience working on high voltage systems and/or complex electromechanical systems.
- Experience writing and following work instructions.
- Proficiency with machining, welding, and overall mechanical craftsmanship a plus.
- Experience with instrumentation.
- Familiarity with CAD, PLM/PDM systems.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing