Wiring Systems Design Engineer
Located in the redwoods near Santa Cruz, CA, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, short-hop, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, and then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it launch into service. We live for results, employ hierarchy only to enhance efficiency, and deplore bureaucracy. If you embrace our bold vision and wish to join us in this exciting challenge, please apply using the online application form.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate mechanical engineer to join our team with a focus in Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS), working with electrical, manufacturing, and structural engineers to meet design requirements for functionality, manufacturability, integration, inspectability, and maintenance. The engineer will be responsible for designing flight critical wire harness assemblies and electromechanical interconnection systems, as well as creating test plans to characterize, qualify, and validate those designs. This individual must be highly organized and self-driven while possessing a deep understanding of aerospace design standards. This position is exciting and rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their ideas grow from concept to creation due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Design electromechanical interconnection systems according to aerospace standards
- Provide solutions to support and protect wire harnesses
- Select and source materials, coordinating with vendors
- Drive engineering BOM created from PLM solution
- Write requirements and specifications
- Plan acceptance and qualification tests with test engineers
- B.S. in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other relevant discipline
- 5+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills, working with many people and teams
- Experience with hands-on design, prototyping, and testing
- Strong background utilizing PDM
- Proficiency with CAD, such as Catia, Pro/E, SolidWorks, etc.
- Familiarity with EWIS aerospace standards, such as SAE AS50881, AC 43.13 Ch.11, ASTM F2639, etc.
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 10+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Understanding of ERP/MRP/PLM solutions
- Experience with Catia, specifically using Electrical 3D Design, Electrical 3D Part Design, Electrical Manufacturing Preparation, Assembly Design, Part Design, and Generative Shape Design
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing