5-Axis CNC Machinist
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is looking for a self-motivated and flexible 5-Axis CNC programmer and machinist. The role is to aid in the composite tooling process for both R&D and manufacturing level parts while working closely with both engineering and composite manufacturing teams.
- Program and cut high quality, precision parts and tooling in a variety of materials.
- Provide feedback and help with tooling design.
- Handle material from rough stock to finished part.
- Ability to learn quickly and continue to challenge yourself.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-growing environment.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability and flexibility to work with aggressive timelines.
- Ability to program and machine using CAM software and 3 and 5 axis CNC milling and lathe machines (Delmia CAM experience a plus but not required).
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs unaided.
- 5+ years 5-axis programming.
- 3+ years of working experience in relevant industry.
- Experience with composite tooling.
- Rapid prototyping experience.
- Familiarity with a DMS and Fagor controls.
- Experience with HSMWorks/Solidworks, Fusion360, CATIA, and/or Powermil.
- Experience with macro programming.
- Experience developing and improving CAM post code CMM ASQ Certification Aerospace manufacturing background in advanced composites, machined parts, aircraft assembly and systems integration.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing