Senior Software Engineer: Data Engineering
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Working as a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for further development of infrastructure and platforms for Data Analytics at Joby Aviation in support of design, test and flight operations. You should be able to work cohesively inside of a team, understand large data analytics systems, and have an eye for scalable and flexible designs. You will also need to work closely with your colleagues across a broad set of highly technical disciplines who depend on our Analytics platforms. The ideal candidate is energetic, has a positive attitude, is flexible and excited about learning and using new technologies.
The successful candidate will assist the team in:
- Developing and maintaining near-realtime streaming of telemetry and other data using Kafka
- Maintaining and improving existing data pipeline consuming telemetry and other data and loading into Databricks Delta
- Supporting Joby Data Scientists and Analysts in consuming data from Delta or Kafka sources for analytics purposes
- Supporting visualization and presentation tools that help Scientists and Engineers realize value from data
- Monitoring performance, reliability, and trends to efficiently scale our Data Analytics infrastructure
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, mathematics, or similar field
- 5+ years experience in relevant industry
- Expert knowledge of scalable data analytics architectures, including event streaming with Kafka
- Experience with database platforms for scientific computing and analytics
- Experience with Python
- Ability to support and work closely with a myriad of colleagues who are experts in aircraft design, systems engineering, test engineering, flight test operations, data analytics, and machine learning
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Scala
POSITION MAY INCLUDE ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY THAT IS SUBJECT TO U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing