Additive Metal Operator
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Working as an Additive Metal Operator in our Marina office, you will run, troubleshoot, and maintain our metal machines. Initially you will work supervised by team members experienced in designing and operating the machines, and you will progress to work independently.
In this specialized technician role, you will be involved with the full manufacturing of these parts, from influencing part orientation to best suit the machine, to advising support generation, to printing, to post-processing and cleaning, to inspection.
- Setup, printing, and postprocessing of production grade metal parts on PBF printer
- Optimizing, arranging, and maintaining an organized print prioritization system
- Cleaning metal machines using proper tools and procedures
- Adding, adjusting, and removing supports for additive parts
- Removing parts from the build platform and cleaning and baking parts
- Inspecting finished parts
- Maintaining a safe and clean lab environment
- H.S Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, crouch around machines, and lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Advanced manual dexterity and precision
- Ability to learn and follow all required safety guidelines
- Experience with computer aided design software
- Experience with equipment maintenance, operation of machinery, machine repair and preventive maintenance, mechanical knowledge
- 3+ years in additive manufacturing lab
- 1-3 years experience as a manufacturing technician, machine operator, field service engineer, or similar operational role
- Metal and/or polymer additive machining experience
- Experience working in an AS9100/ISO9000 environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing