Senior Manufacturing Engineer (m/f/d)
Joby Aviation, headquartered in California, and having an office just outside Munich, has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
At Joby Germany GmbH, located in the south of Munich, we are searching for an experienced senior manufacturing engineer (m/f/d). Many interesting tasks await you around the transfer of the prototype development of additive and conventional metal machining components into series production.
- You will be in charge of a large number of components (both simple and complex components primarily made of aluminum and titanium, among others, from the development areas airframe, drive system and actuators) from the phase of basic design and work in close coordination with the responsible design engineer.
- You are the leading contact person for cost- and production-oriented design and always focus on weight optimization (lightweight design).
- You play a leading role in the selection of manufacturing methods and processes, and develop manufacturing jigs, fixturing systems and gauges.
- You will develop easily understood and fully defined manufacturing drawings and work instructions for our internal manufacturing as well as for external suppliers
- You will monitor (remotely) the manufacturing process both at our China site and at external suppliers' sites, while continuously optimize the manufacturing process with regard to costs and process stability
- You are responsible for your components until the final internal release
- Completed studies with a specialization in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, manufacturing engineering or a comparable education
- Several years of professional experience in the production-related area, especially with sophisticated structural components made of aluminum and titanium
- Experience with applied standards and materials in the aerospace industry
- Knowledge of certification regulations (FAA, EASA)
- Good knowledge in the preparation of fully defined manufacturing drawings, especially practical
- Detailed knowledge in the area of shape and position tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with Solidworks or Catia V6 CAD design software
- Hands-on experience with industry standard manufacturing processes, especially CNC machining
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills in an English speaking work environment
- Ideally, you bring a strong hands-on mentality, enjoy communicating with your colleagues in the USA and China via Zoom and Slack on a regular basis
- Very good German and English skills (B2-C1 level)
- You must have a residence/work permit or a visa that allows you to work in Germany.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing