Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for assisting with the production floor planning, equipment setup, process planning and supporting the design and layout of the prototype and future certified production lines. This position will support the R&D, design, production, flight test, systems integration, composite part fabrication, and internal construction teams in our Marina CA facility.
- Responsible for generating process layout designs and drawings
- Working with other Joby teams and sub-contractors to collect requirements and assist with overseeing and managing construction and equipment installation permit drawing sets.
- Find, inspect, and assist with production equipment purchasing and initial install and setup.
- Support the composite shop production setup needs
- Support Machining and welding team setup needs
- Support Vehicle Assembly and integration area needs
- Design shop aids and tooling to assist production flow.
- Experience with assembly methods and processes for one or more of the following: composites, mechanical assemblies, electromechanical assemblies, automotive repair and maintenance, industrial equipment maintenance, aircraft maintenance.
- Reports to the Marina Production Infrastructure Lead
- Proficiency in at least one major CAD software tool
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding and familiarity in aerospace manufacturing, processing, and materials knowledge.
- High mechanical aptitude
- Experience with process mapping and efficiently designing layouts to optimize demand flow
- Hands-on confidence to help fix, repair and setup industrial equipment
- Comfortable using industrial material handling equipment such as forklifts, cranes, telehandlers
- Familiarity with construction methods and processes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required with relevant experience.
- Experience with at least one of the following CAD systems: Autocad, Revit, Solidworks, Caita v5, Catia v6, Dassult 3d Experience
- Aircraft and aerospace production experience
- Composite manufacturing and assembly methods familiarity
- Aircraft maintenance familiarity
- Strong desire to continually learn and grow new skills
- Understanding and familiarity with smart equipment and remotely managed factory controls and data loggers
- FAA certified aircraft quality system knowledge
- OSHA regulations knowledge
- Automation, Controller and/or PLC programming experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing