Radar DSP/FPGA Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
We are seeking a radar DSP engineer to own the design, development and implementation of radar DSP algorithms for Joby radar perception systems. You will play a key role in a small, growing and fast-moving radar team, designing and deploying radar signal processing algorithms for novel radar architectures in collaboration with our FPGA team.
- Define, design and develop advanced radar signal processing architecture and algorithms for radar aircraft navigation and safety systems, including mathematical modelling, simulation and performance validation
- Write software for simulation and real time signal processing targeting heterogeneous compute architectures including CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs
- Collaborate with industry partners, contractors and other team members to implement, integrate and test radar systems
- Collaborate with the Joby FPGA team to transfer prototype radar signal processors to production systems
- Participate in the system engineering design process, including writing specifications and test plans, performance requirement analysis and participating in design reviews.
- BSc, MSc degree or PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics or related fields
- 3+ years industry experience in the design, analysis and implementation of signal processing algorithms for radar or communication systems
- 3+ years industry experience with the design and implementation of real-time software/gateware/firmware for digital communications or radar systems
- Proficient in use of FPGA tool chains such as Xilinx Vivado or Intel Quartus
- Proficient in programming in Verilog/SystemVerilog and/or VHDL
- Proficient in programming in C++ and Python
- Proficient with embedded Linux
- Familiarity with source control with git or other
- Excellent communication and documentation skills to collaborate with other engineering disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of digital and statistical signal processing
- Experience with high speed storage technologies such as SATA-3 and NVMe
- Experience with RISC-V
- Familiarity with high level synthesis or code generation tools for FPGAs, such as compilers for C/C++, HDL Coder, DSP Builder and nMigen
- Familiarity with radar signal processing (waveform types, beamforming, doppler processing and others)
- Understanding of DO-254, DO-178C or safety critical software
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing