Embedded Software Engineer - Santa Cruz
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards towards certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, high-rate production, and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
This position involves architecture and implementation of the embedded software at the heart of Joby Aviation aircraft. The engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and have input to conceptual system design and implementation of embedded software for control of electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering,
- mechatronics, physics, mathematics, or similar field; or, a very strong portfolio of designed
- and implemented embedded software.
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system
- Expert knowledge of C/C++.
- Knowledge of and experience with real-time operating systems.
- Strong experience in debugging and analysis skill.
- Engineering skills including product conception on both hardware and software aspects of
- product development.
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols including I2C, CAN, SPI, UART,
- Strong understanding of modern micro-controller and microprocessor architectures such as
- ARM Cortex-Mx/Ax and Intel SOC.
- Experience with low level driver concept and development
- Understanding of hardware from an embedded software engineer's perspective.
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers.
- Hands-on experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic
- analyzers, protocol analyzers, voltmeters, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing