HVAC Technician - Apprentice
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby is looking for a Apprentice HVAC Technician who works independently, and with others, to perform the full range of skilled HVAC work including the installation, maintenance, modification and repair of HVAC equipment, and systems.
Full Health Insurance package including Medical, Vision and Dental. Excellent dependent coverage as well. Most meals are also provided. Stock options negotiable as part of overall compensation package.
Pay rate $24 - $29 based on experience. Overtime available.
While on the job you will be expected to assist with:
- Installation, relocation, and maintenance of building HVAC equipment and systems; assists in the diagnoses of malfunctions of HVAC equipment and systems and/or components for the purpose of identifying repair and replacement needs
- Operate, diagnose, analyze and repair industrial HVAC equipment including: boilers, chillers, air handling units, VAV systems, hydronic systems, air compressors, air dryers and exhaust ventilation
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems in addition to required calibrations as scheduledInstall or repair ductwork, refrigeration piping, air conditioning units and exhaust equipment
- Capable of brazing, soldering, and welding
- Experienced in commissioning systems
- Makes periodic inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an HVAC technician in industrial/commercial and/or lab/R&D environments
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety
- Demonstrate technical ability in the installation, repair and maintenance of industrial HVAC systems
- Self-directed with the ability to be resourceful, plan and organize work
- Provide excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Honesty: We encourage a safe environment where open and honest communication is a standard business practice.
- Attitude is Everything: It all starts with having the right mindset. We require a positive attitude. You cannot create success for yourself, our company, and coworkers with a negative mindset.
- Quality: We take pride in our work and strive to deliver excellence with our services and installations.
- Integrity:We do what we say we will do and hold ourselves accountable.
- Teamwork:We work together as a group, to become part of something bigger than one individual to achieve a common goal.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing