Radar Systems Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
We are seeking an experienced radar systems engineer to help develop state of the art radar perception systems for our electric-powered VTOL aircraft. You will play a key role in a small, growing and fast-moving team and will take the lead in the development of radar simulation and algorithm development for our aircraft navigation and safety systems.
- Perform radar system design and analysis.
- Write reusable, high quality and high fidelity radar simulation software.
- Design new cutting edge radar processing algorithms.
- Develop and write requirements specifications for radar systems.
- Analyze test data and communicate results.
- Collaborate with industry partners, contractors and other team members to implementate, integrate and test radar systems.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics or other technical field.
- An advanced degree in radar-related field and 2 years of industry experience or equivalent practical experience.
- Deep understanding of radar theory for radar system analysis, modelling and algorithm development.
- Experience with radar system requirement generation, verification and testing.
- Experience analyzing data and developing mathematical algorithms in Python and Matlab.
- Excellent software architecture and coding skills in C/C++ and Python.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Familiarity with source control with git or other.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the application of statistical signal processing.
- Experience with radar array processing, MIMO and imaging radars.
- Experience with accelerating code on FPGAs, GPUs and CPUs.
- Understanding of DO-178C or safety critical software.
- Understanding of DO-254 or design of electronics for avionic systems.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing