This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate and driven test pilot to join our flight test team. This role requires a wide range of knowledge and skill that includes planning and flight testing experimental CTOL/VTOL fly-by-wire aircraft and supporting all certification flight test related activities. Formal test pilot training and/or experience is essential, as is a flexibility in outlook to adapt core flight test principles to a radically new aviation environment. Either or both VSTOL and DER or AR qualification is desired.
- Perform flight test activities including test planning, text execution as pilot (both remote UAV and inhabited flight test), chase pilot, flight debriefs and post flight analysis and reporting
- Perform simulator testing both both development, Failure Modes and Effects Testing and other purposes
- Contribute to flight readiness reviews, test safety reviews and other flight test admin activities
- Perform flight test engineering duties including test card preparation, test direction and other control room responsibilities
- Perform miscellaneous engineering duties as tasked
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company and FAA procedures
- Observe all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Long course graduate of recognized test pilot school or, exceptionally, equivalent on-the-job training
- At least 3 years additional flight test experience post training, with at least 50 hours experimental or certification flight test experience as test pilot
- Bachelors of Science degree or equivalent experience and training
- Fixed Wing and / or Rotorcraft Commercial Certificate
- A minimum of 1,000 hours pilot in command flight time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Read and speak English proficiently
- Both fixed wing and rotary wing flight test experience, with principle experience in fixed wing
- AV-8 or F-35B experience and/or V-22 experience
- FAA certification flight test experience
- Flight instructional experience
- Test pilot school instructional experience
- Experience with all-electric aircraft
- Flight test DER or AR
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing