Senior Accounting Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby is growing rapidly and we’re looking for an experienced, hands-on Senior Accounting Manager to join our expanding Accounting team. You will work closely with the CFO and the accounting and finance teams on delivering accurate, complete, and timely financial statements. You understand the central role accounting plays in an organization and can help build up our accounting function to align with the business needs to support Joby’s long term vision. You will bring a high level of accounting expertise that will drive accounting policy creation, process improvements, and the continued development of our internal controls. Your expertise will help Joby reach conclusions on significant technical accounting matters. This job is based out of our Santa Cruz, CA location.
- Assist with the accounting surrounding significant transactions (e.g. intercompany, business combinations, equity, revenue recognition, cost accounting and more)
- Ensure GAAP compliance and other applicable financial regulatory requirements
- Oversee and process improve monthly close to drive down days to close
- Review financial statements on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Develop, document, and maintain business processes and accounting policies
- Develop and define our internal controls structure and responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with subsidiaries on consolidated intercompany accounting
- Work with finance team on budget to actual tracking needs (departments, projects, etc.) and improve accounting processes to aid the budgeting to actual review
- Lead improvement projects such as: systematic fixed asset tracking, depreciation and disposals to ensure compliance with our capitalization policy and systematic vendor maintenance, including acceptance and credit limit set-up to streamline vendor and purchasing decisions
- 10+ year work experience in general accounting
- 2+ years experience in manufacturing accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of GAAP, SOX controls and financial accounting standards and recent pronouncements
- Excellent research, analytical, and organization skills
- At least 5 years of progressing management experience with a proven track record of leading and developing high performing teams
- Experience in consolidating financials
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or MBA
- Public accounting audit experience
- Strong ERP systems experience (Microsoft Dynamics 365, F&O preferred)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing